Jane was an old friend of Noriko since they've met in seventh grade. She comes from a stable and far more normal family than Noriko's, and like her she wasn't a remarkable student.
Their friendship was put into considerable strain when Noriko was chosen by Athena and cut all ties to her former life.
When Noriko decided to go to her prom and get the spotlight, while also acting insensitive about Jane's troubles with grades, the two had a fight that seemingly ended their friendship for good.
Noriko later apologized for the incident and the two still occasionally meet as friends again.
Jane is a human with no powers.
- While she hasn't appeared in the series since the prom, Jane has made some later appereances in the books
- Beyond The Impossible #9, "Homecoming": learns of Noriko's transformation
- Beyond The Impossible #36, "Home is where people don't try to kill you": gives asylum to Noriko
- Beyond The Impossible #82, "One single night out": has a fight with Noriko during her prom
- Neutron Star Tea Party, chapter "Beyond The Impossible": reconciles with Noriko